Saturday 4 January 2014

Seagull in distress



On my walk with Zoe (my border collie/terrier cross) at the waterfront we came across an injured seagull.
I tried to cover it up with a small towel in order to pick it up and bring it to the wildlife shelter
Unfortunately the towel was too small, and was not a good idea anyway since I had my dog with me.
A couple of ladies where able to call the shelter and a rescue was on it's way.
Gunther Golina showed up and we loaded the poor fellow into a cage, and  it was transported to the shelter.
Hope he recovers quickly.
If you would like to support the shelter you can visit the website Prince Rupert Wildlife Shelter
The phone number is 250.624.4143,
They accept monetary donations as well as supplies such as food. etc.
If you wish to volunteer, give them a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment